Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The sickeningly sweet world of Liz Wolfe.

It's not often that I use the words "gross" and "adorable" in the same sentence, but hold tight kittens, because I'm about to do just that. Let's talk about Liz Wolfe. I first encountered Liz's work when we were looking for photographers who worked with food in artful ways (for a new campaign we were doing). I stumbled upon her book and holy cannoli, I was totally blown away. Her work is bold, playful, gorgeous and ridiculous. And yes. Sometimes kinda gross. Check it out:




(look closely....that's meat....)








Canadian born Liz Wolfie grew up in Saskatchewan and studied photography at Ryerson University's School of Image Arts in Toronto. In 2009, she exhibited her work at the Architecture + Design Museum (Los Angeles), the Gladstone Hotel (Toronto) and Project Basho Gallery (Philadelphia). Liz currently lives in Toronto. She has a little four year old boy, which makes her even cooler in my book. Go mama!

All images copyright (c) Liz Wolfe. Visit LizWolfe.com for more amazing images.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

  1. That's off the hook! Very cute/gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sardines and yellow shoes! hate to think what that smelled like under hot studio lighting.. gruesome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pilgrim, I KNEW that would be your fave shot. Mine too. Although I kind of love that top one too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is up my alley. You find the coolest stuff. Swear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you...you've just opened my eyes to a new amazing photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the first one and the meat. pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. The top one is my favorite along with the sardines.. Very unique photographer. The color contrast is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Culah, cullah, cullah. Love it. And her name isn't bad either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! Consider my mind blown. How does she come up with this stuff? amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cannoli! Completely fantastic! Love the colors! Just as bright as your blog header! I love this kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design work. Your color combinations is really awesome. Thanks for such a good items.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete