Sunday, September 5, 2010

Modern Embroidery Paula Sanz Caballero

I'm always intrigued when people put a fresh sprin on a traditional medium. Like embroidery. You might remember my post from a while back on awesome artist Megan Whitmarsh. (If you missed it you HAVE to check out her work....teensy little embroidered canvases with wee images of big foot and KISS! Amazing!) Spanish artist Paula Sanz Caballero is another incredible talent who uses textiles and embroidery to put an utterly modern (and stylish) twist on her work. It's almost like a fashion illustration come to life. Take a gander and you'll see what I mean!


Here's a closeup so you can see the detail. I mean honestly...I'm so impressed. Can you imagine how much time it must take to make one of these? Really cool!


PS
Thank you to everyone for indulging me yesterday and voting for Wolfie!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

17 comments:

  1. Wow. So impressive. I'll definitely check out this artists work. I love the detail in the dresses as well as the bold graphic backgrounds. Brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, gorgeous...this is fantastic...thanks for sharing...;)...a lovley weekend...;)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible!! The work involved is just amazing. I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know if this artist did Neiman Marcus's THE BOOK a few years back? They were the coolest covers ever, they were textured, and looked a lot like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an old (prob early 20 century) item like this. The figures are well drawn in pen on cream paper, cut out, painted on in places for accents like rouge or stockings, their clothes are made of actual fabric sewn down. Fabric includes satin, lace, and metallics, in beautiful, very detailed and elegant designs. They have embroidered hair. They're on a black fabric background that has a painted landscape scene with cloth flowers and a tree. It's really gorgeous. I don't know much about its value or exactly when it was created, but I can say that what the artist above is doing is not new. The scenes and fashions are modern, so it is a fresh take on an old idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this reminds me of Kat Macleod's illustrations...I think you'll like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought this was Kat Macleod. Sad to see you aren't blogging anymore. Like your site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work.Thanks for sharing the blog.
    clipping path service
    deep etching
    photo manipulation service

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the more impressive blogs Ive seen. Thanks so much for keeping the internet classy for a change. Youve got style, class, bravado. I mean it. Please keep it up because without the internet is definitely lacking in intelligence. Clipping Partner India

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thanks I just got exactly what I wanted from your blog, thank you so much! You should check out our website for happy ugadi images

    ReplyDelete