Thursday, October 1, 2009

Throw another 45 on the fire dahlink.

This thing is incredible. A freestanding vintage fireplace unit from the 1950s. Faux marble, wooden detailing. Pretty cool.



But hold on a moment...oh ho ho! What's this? This is no ordinary fireplace....

It's a full on freakin' entertainment system—AND BAR. Can you just imagine how cool the couple that owned this thing was?? You're playing bridge with the gang, a little Esquivel on the hi-fi...and you stroll over to your toasty fire place only to reveal a stash of booze and records. Genius.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it insane?? I saw it on ebay ages ago and I found it in my little inspiration folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on baby, let's do the Twist! Yeah I can almost hear Chubby Checkers! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I don't know what else can be cooler than this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents had one of those growing up. I was born in 73. They got rid of it some time in the late 80's. It was an outrageous piece of equipment. The radio had shortwave options and you could pick up the most insane transmissions. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know the value of this piece? I own one myself. It's identical & belonged to my mother. Please contact me at: yesiamsunshine@yahoo.com if you know. Email on this website has not been active in 20 years. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also own this from my parents. I'm trying to refinish it to update, any ideas?????

    ReplyDelete