Tuesday, May 19, 2009

This week: Art Seiden


Oooh lawdy, so I'm a little late on this Tuesday's vintage book post (but I have til midnight right??). This week we have the amazing work of Art Seiden. Art was a super talented guy, and while he did lots of work for major magazines he is certainly best known for his brilliant children's book illustrations in the 50s and 60s. A Pet at the Zoo is one of my favorites because of the unique mix of photography and illustration. I love the spindly ink work of the background elements and the bold colors of the main characters. These old books just make me so happy...









Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. this book is the cutest ever... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason, that illustration with the push cart and balloons looks super familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book. Now I want to go back to Germany and scoop up vintage German kids books and send them to you in California for little woofy.

    ReplyDelete